When you lose a tooth due to irredeemable damage or decay, a dental implant can restore both the look and the sturdiness of your smile. An implant placed by your Kerrville implant dentist can last you the rest of your life. It will look and feel like your original tooth for a natural, complete smile.
For a healthy, comfortable, and long-lasting tooth replacement, choose dental implants in Kerrville! Contact us today for a consultation.
Do you have a missing tooth or many missing teeth in your upper or lower arch? A dental implant provides the most permanent, strong, natural looking restoration. Dr. Butler has experience in dental implant placement. He can give you back your smile with this outpatient procedure performed in our Kerrville cosmetic dentistry office.
Do you need a Dental Implant?
If you are self-conscious about missing teeth, and don’t want to wear partial or full dentures, a dental implant could be right for you. Dental implants can:
- Replace one or more missing teeth
- Provide a foundation for a fixed or removal bridge or denture
- Prevent bone loss in the gap left by a missing tooth
- Restore a natural, functional, brilliant smile
Dental implants offer comfort and stability, as well as the best aesthetic option for smile restoration. The cost of a dental implant in Kerrville is slightly higher than that of other restorations. But, the implant can last the rest of your life instead of needing a replacement in 5-15 years.
What do Dental Implants Involve?
Dental implants have a three step process that takes place over a period of several months.
- Implantation. Dr. Butler will surgically place the dental implant into the bone of your jaw. The gum covers the implant, which will be allowed to fuse with the bone (osseointegration) for three to six months. Immediately after the surgery you may experience some tenderness and swelling; Dr. Butler will prescribe pain medication for you and recommend a diet of alternating soft foods, cold foods, and warm soup to minimize discomfort during the healing process.Dr. Butler will surgically place the dental implant into the bone of your jaw. The gum covers the implant, and fuses with the bone (osseointegration) for three to six months. Immediately after the surgery you may experience some tenderness and swelling. Dr. Butler will prescribe pain medication for you and recommend a diet of alternating soft foods, cold foods, and warm soup to minimize discomfort during the healing process.
- Extension. After the implant fuses with the jawbone, Dr. Butler will uncover the top and place a post into the center of the implant to provide a foundation for the restoration. (In some cases, he can place the the implant and post in the same visit.) The gum is then allowed to heal around the post.
- Restoration. Dr. Butler will use our CEREC unit to create a customized crown that looks, feels, and functions like your real tooth. He will complete the dental implant process by placing the crown on the post. Dental implants can also support restorations that replace several teeth in a row, or for full dentures.
How Long do Dental Implants Last?
One of the main advantages of a dental implant is that it can last the rest of your life! The success of your implant depends on correct placement, strong underlying bone structure, gum health, and proper oral hygiene. Dental implants are the most aesthetically pleasing restoration for lost teeth, and can completely and permanently restore your smile. Considering a dental implant? Call your Kerrville implant dentist at (830) 265-6224 and schedule a consultation today!