If you are dealing with cracked, yellowed, or uneven teeth, porcelain veneers could be the dental procedure you need. Patients with otherwise healthy teeth are perfect candidates for this revolutionary dental procedure from your Kerrville cosmetic dentist.. If you think you could benefit from porcelain veneers, contact us for a consultation with Carroll Butler, DDS today! We would love to help you determine if this is the right cosmetic dentistry procedure for you and your oral health. Your life (and smile!) could change with this simple procedure from Dr. Butler.
Why Dr. Carroll Butler?
Dental veneers are the solution for almost any cosmetic dentistry problem. If you’re interested in veneers, contact us today!
Dr. Carroll Butler is one of the best cosmetic dentists in Kerrville for veneers! Since 1997, he has provided exceptional dentistry at his own practice. He has also spent years refining his skills! After earning a degree from University of Texas Health Science Center Dental School at San Antonio, then he spent a year as a dental resident. Finally, he spent two years practicing in Little Rock, Arkansas before opening his practice here in Kerrville, Texas. He’s got many years of experience, and wants to help you achieve your smile goals.
What are Veneers?
Veneers are a thin piece of porcelain. The porcelain pieces are custom made to form and contour to your original, natural teeth. Patients can have a custom set of veneers, and a brand-new smile in only a few in-office procedures!
Why Should I Consider Veneers?
Unlike some other cosmetic dentistry treatments, Veneers in Kerrville are a permanent fix to common dental issues like:
- Discolored and yellowed teeth
- Worn down, chipped or broken teeth
- Misaligned or uneven teeth
- Gapped teeth (they fill in the space between teeth)
How Much Do They Cost?
Veneers can be an expensive dental procedure. With the cost of veneers between $250 and $2,500 per tooth, many patients can feel overwhelmed by the cost. Of course, your cost is dependent on the location of your procedure and the type of veneers chosen. Here are the three types of veneers:
- Composite Veneers: The cost of composite veneers usually ranges from $250-1,500 per tooth. While this still isn’t cheap, composite veneers are about half the cost of porcelain. The veneers are made in-office in only one appointment. Patients save on the lab costs of porcelain veneers, and the cost of another dental appointment. However, composite fillings don’t last nearly as long as porcelain. In some cases, patients will need another set in only five to seven years. Also, many dental professionals think that porcelain veneers look better.
- Porcelain Veneers: Though they cost more, porcelain veneers can last longer than 10-15 years if cared for correctly. With a lifespan like this, the extra cost can be worth it for patients. Plus, porcelain veneers are made in a lab to look just like your natural teeth.
- Lumineers: Lumineers cost about $800-2,000 per tooth, putting them on the same tier as porcelain veneers. Lumineers are thinner than the standard porcelain veneer, and are proven to have the same long life span like those of porcelain veneers. Though the cost of the lab fees for Lumineers are more than those of porcelain veneers, patients will end up saving money on their anesthetic treatment, so the cost of the procedure often balances out.
What is the Procedure Like?
Veneers placed by a qualified cosmetic dentist in Kerrville can last up to 15 years! Call us today to learn more.
In just three visits to our Kerrville cosmetic dentistry you can get a brand new smile, and one that you’ll love for a lifetime! Here is what patients should expect during the procedures:
- Consultation: The first appointment is a simple consultation, where Dr. Butler will examine each tooth and determine if the treatment is right for your oral health. We use X-Rays because this gives Dr. Butler a better understanding of the condition of your mouth.
- Preparation: After Dr. Butler has determined if the procedure is right for you, it’s time to come in for a second appointment! This appointment is to prepare your teeth for the porcelain veneer. During this appointment, Dr. Butler will remove approximately ½ a millimeter of tooth enamel. He removes your enamel so your veneer has something to adhere to.
Once your enamel has been removed, we will take an impression of your teeth and send it off to the laboratory! Here, custom veneers will be made based on each patient’s unique tooth contours. This process usually takes about 2-4 weeks. Dr. Butler can place a temporary veneer on the tooth until the permanent ones are ready.
- Bonding: Before the veneers are permanently attached, Dr. Butler will place it on the tooth to make sure the color and fit are perfect. Any adjustments will be made if needed. Next, your teeth will be cleaned, polished (similar to a normal tooth cleaning) and etched in preparation for the veneer.
Etching your tooth gives the veneer something strong and secure to adhere to. After Dr. Butler applies the bonding agent to each tooth, he’ll place the veneer and a special cement on the tooth. He then finalizes the process with a special light that activates the chemicals and ensures a strong bond.
Dr. Butler may want you to return in a few weeks to check the fit of your veneers, but this will be discussed during your appointment!
How Long do Veneers Last?
Veneers can last for a lifetime if they are properly cared for! Patients should maintain healthy brushing and flossing habits, as well as their biannual cleaning and dental exams. Wine, coffee, mustard, and tea can stain your porcelain veneers, and many patients find it best to avoid these foods. Veneers can occasionally crack or chip, but Dr. Butler can perform these repairs if need be!
If you feel like you could benefit from a Veneer procedure, don’t hesitate to call our offices in Kerrville, Texas today. Dr. Carroll Butler and our team of professional and experienced dental hygienists are excited to help you determine if this is the type of dental procedure for you! Call our offices at (830) 265-6224 to set your consultation appointment, today!